Saturday 4 February 2012

A snowy start



The snow (which has yet to fall) has robbed me of my chance to have my last British Sunday lunch!!…not only that, but a last night in my own comfy bed. I’d feel bitter about it if I wasn’t about to head off to sunnier climes for 6 months.

In true British fashion, the few inches of snow promised have caused havoc…and with the prospect of getting stranded in our little village on Sunday we’ve initiated a preemptive strike and set up camp in a Travelodge at Gatwick Airport. Now I’m never one to say no to extra time in the airport (it fills me with that exciting holiday feeling) but the prospect of a whole day here tomorrow until my 8pm flight is not quite what I imagined.

Were going to to bed after watching the snow fall out of the window...let's hope we don't wake up snowed in, only metres from the airport!


No comments:

Post a Comment